Today we are in Rhodes. Rhodes is another Greek island with a different flavor. I guess there is a lot of medieval architecture left here.
I wanted toention that right now we are limited on photos to what we cam shoot with the iPhone. The ships Internet is expensive and slow. When we get to port and go onto land we don't take the laptop so we are not showing as much as we will. Our hope is that when we get to Egyt for the night we can Iliad a boatload of photos and show a bit more of what we are seeing.
Athens honestly was a dissapointment. Our original plan was to take the metro into town (7 miles) and do it on our own. A out two days ago we suddenly hear there Is a planned strike. The boat actually heads out fast with a backup plan of going to Crete. Evetually the night before we arrive the national strike is averted. Instead the local bus and metro decide tobstrike from 11-5. We are told that the taxis could strike. We are told that Greeks aren't real anal about time. Many of us on board become concerned that we will get to downtown and not be able to get back to the boat. Myself and about 100 others go to see the desk here on the boat that deals with excursions. We end up taking an afternoon tri arranged by the boat. It was fine but limiting and not what we had hoped for. Overall the excursion staff really needed some management help and they didn't handle the changes well. Lots of angry customers.
I did make some new friends in line. Everyone is very friendly of course.
The kids really would prefer to stay on the boat. It's hard to know what to do. We keep dragging them away from their friends to see stuff and the whinin is intense! Thursday we are taking them on an 8 hour thing and I can only imagine how unhappy they will be! Ephesus is exciting for us. Not sure that they will be as thrilled.
Guess I ws tired last night. Came to the room at 7:30 and passed out. Glenn went and filmed the kids on a pirate scavenger hunt and then got them back here and to bed. It's 7:30 am now and I just woke up. Hoefully I'm finally over jet lag!
- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment